Polyamp is a company that stands out among its competitors, thanks to our product quality and high quality service. We give priority to close relationships with our customers, which means that today we can proudly show a customer loyalty of 98%.
A survey conducted by Bearing Consulting shows that Polyamp is good at handling inquiries and has a high delivery reliability. The results also show good communication skills both within the organization and with the outside world.
Polyamp is simply great to deal with.
This is why Polyamp is the preferred choice:
- Polyamp is a company that gives 100%.
- We put 100% effort into making a product as good as possible.
- We have close to 100% delivery accuracy.
- Our Power Supply Units PSU (DC-DC & AC-DC) are basically 100% flawless, even after many years. A representative product from our range demonstrated, in a MTBF-calculation, 3.3 million hours and a service life of 55 years. This was very consistent with our internal Chi-2 failure calculation. (See FAQ)
- We are 100% Polyamp and truly proud.
- Polyamp is a high technology company that has been focusing on DC/DC converters for almost 50 years. This means that we have the broadest experience on the market. We are confident in our designs and products. According to an independent marketing research report, our customers have the same opinion.
- Polyamp products are "A secure part in your system", requiring less supervision.
- We always deliver high quality service.
- We always strive to deliver the best products. Our long experience, high reliability, good service and reputation comes along with them.
- The price of a product is determined by more than the product's purchase price.
- Total price of a product = Cost of the product's lifecycle.
- Polyamp is striving for products that will work for a much longer time than our competitors' products, delivering better functionality and performance combined with excellent service and close customer contact.
- Therefore, Polyamp products provide a low total cost, and our customer gets an even better quality product.
Covers 90% of all of your possible needs
- Polyamp produces several hundred different DC/DC models. We can also combine parallel or serial connections to enable hundreds of additional applications.
- We can also customize products according to customers' specific needs.
- Polyamp has always taken great environmental responsibility, through active participation in groups, committees and inquiries relating to environmental matters. We have always been at the forefront concerning environmental activities.
- In addition to these environmental requirements, we strive to reduce the environmental impact throughout the entire product lifecycle; from the initial stage of a product to its end-of-life.
- Polyamp is working with an environmental program to minimize the use of hazardous materials and to reduce production time.
- Our choice of design and component selection means that even a 40-year-old Polyamp product is easy to recycle.
- Packaging material is designed with concern for environmental aspects.
- More information is available on our environmental web pages.
- Polyamp is an open company and we are happy to work with companies / schools / organizations. We are happy to share our long experience.
- At the same time, we produce military products for customers under certain restrictions, depending on different requirements.
Collaboration with Universities
- Polyamp has for years enjoyed beneficial collaborations with KTH Royal Institute of Technology Stockholm and Linköping University to improve the quality of both our products and organization. Through partnerships with colleges and universities Polyamp exchanges knowledge with competent and independent experts. This promotes a holistic awareness and strengthens Polyamp's competitiveness.
- Most Polyamp PSU formerly used air cooling or conduction cooling. To achieve a low average temperature providing long life expectancy, we now use a more expensive aluminum casing for the unit. It also provides excellent mechanical, environmental, EMC and fire properties.
- Polyamp has always used robust aluminum profile case. The reason was that Polyamp's founder already in the 1960's had the notion that aluminum has a good heat transfer through the material but not along the surface. To achieve that, you need more material to spread the heat.
- Secondly the surface color does not matter for the cooling effect, therefore Polyamp profiles where greenish until the '80s when this "Polyamp Green" became obsolete. At that time, we changed to the current gold/yellow color. This color does not add to the cost of the case.
- We have replaced surface increasing methods after realizing it's better to have a flat surface and increase the thickness to spread the heat, and add more aluminum for better cooling.
- While aluminum is expensive to produce as a raw material, it is easy to recycle. Today our cases contain 70% recycled aluminum and our design makes the profiles easy to recycle.
5 min installations
- The units are supplied with different attachment methods depending on the model such as: wall mounting, DIN rail, 19"-subrack module or 19"-modular. The units have no ventilation holes to prevent dust from entering the interior portion, which is important for industrial and mobile applications. All models are convection-cooled (except PC1400 & PC2000) and require no special installation or additional cooling. The units can be mounted in any direction.
- Our internal design requirements are tough in order to meet industry standards. That's because the same product must meet multiple applications with different requirements.
- We have extensive experience and can guide the customer regarding what their applications require.
- All products are CE marked, for electrical safety, EMC and RoHS directives.
- All Polyamp DC/DC converters are galvanically isolated between input / output and input / output to chassis.
- Usually, there is much "dirt" in all electrical wires. Polyamp sets the bar high to improve this as much as possible.
- We have filters on the input AND output, which produces a much cleaner output current compared to what other manufacturers can offer.
- Also see our FAQ.
- EMC is the scourge of modern life since it creates an elusive problem. Polyamp has long taken these problems 100% seriously. We build our equipment for maximum interference protection.
- Also see our FAQ.
- We manufacture DC-DC converters for specific customer needs.
- We try wherever possible to modify standard equipment within the confines of the CE marking.
- Polyamp is ISO9001:2008 certified and has had system in place since 1993. We have worked with Lean methods since 1998. We also have an extension for Nuclear Power plant 1E. Open our ISO9001:2008 Certificate.
- Electronics production involves complex logistics since each product contains hundreds of components and if even one is missing a product cannot be built.
- Since 1983, Polyamp's computerized support system has helped us to provide fast and accurate delivery information. Every year we are very close to 98% on date delivery.
- One department works with Degaussing systems for naval ships and submarines as Polyamp is a world leader in high-tech equipment.
- We are well known in the railway sector, thanks to high quality products and close, service-focused customer relationships.
- Our railways require systems that are expected to operate under any circumstances. Polyamp is an important component to ensure meeting these system requirements. Our products are located in a variety of places in a train set, and are an important part of the larger system.
- Thanks to our robust mechanics, we can meet the new fire requirements on trains.
Nuclear Power Industry
- Polyamp has the highest 1E class authorization for nuclear power plants.
- We are inspected bi-annually in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 + 1E requirements.
- We have Achilles No. 106611 registration in the Nordic power industry.
- "It has to work when it matters" - For that reason, defense chooses Polyamp's products.
- Polyamp's products meet high standards of reliability, even under extreme conditions.
- All of our products have high EMC protection.
- Oil and gas platforms or equipment at sea require reliability. There must be no effect on radio communications or other equipment (EMC).
- A freestanding power supply unit (any supplier) meets ATEX requirements only with external casing. We provide the data needed to design such a compartment.
- Polyamp products have the important galvanic protectionon required on ships / boats.
- At sea, it is imperative that everything is working and that the components are reliable. This is the important reason marine customers will return and choose Polyamp.
- Polyamp's products are built so that they do not interfere with systems such as EMC, radio, and other wireless equipment.