SWECADE is a “toolbox” for support of the signature management of a ship or ships class that offers a user-friendly way to acquire, store, retrieve and analyse data that concerns the electromagnetic nature of the vessel.
SWECADE, has features for the following typical activities and phases of a ship’s lifetime:
During ship design
Calculations of magnetic properties for hull elements and onboard components.
Create and evaluate different coil design alternatives during ship design phase.
Design of cable paths for the loop coil system by easy coordinate input
Optimization of cable types for loops and feeders.
Provide reliable magnetic overall signature figures for the entire ship or ships class.
- During FAT and SAT
Give support during first of class ranging
Collect, store and present the data acquired from underwater magnetic/electric sensors
Allow the range expertise to analyse the stored data and compare it with predictions
Provide a library for storage of experiences at the tuning of the system for future use
- During the ship’s lifetime
Support all kinds of regular ranging by easy access to previously achieved data
Provide quick help for ship upgrades that may affect the magnetic signature
Make studies due to changed signature requirements (due to a change of threat or weapons)
Provide bases for reports and studies in the form of different diagrams or lists
- For future ship designs
Provide a data base for storage of typical components such as engines, generators etc.
Give a background for loop coil improvements
- As support to MCM-activities
Acquire typical target data that can be used for remote mine sweeping.
Provide threat analysis in a worldwide perspective
- For training
Modified real signatures can be used for training of range personal without engaging any ship
The software can be used as a training or pedagogic device for shipbuilders
The Polyamp software package SWECADE has been developed over a period of over 20 years in close cooperation with ships operators, range personal and designers of degaussing systems. The software is used in all RSwN ranges fixed as well as transportable.
The three modules in SWECADE © are:
The component prediction module:
- The calculated magnetic signature at all depth and surrounding field
- Modular construction of the entire vessel set of components (motors, gears, etc.)
The loop-coil construction package:
- Design of loop coils for components, a ship or a ship class
- 3D graphics screens of cable paths
- Prediction of coil effects at all distances
Distance tools are optimized for:
- Signal processing and data management
- Fast, semi-automatic, coil prediction and definition of optimal settings
- Powerful display and printing routines
- Built-in training for operators and demagnetization techniques