Underwater signature measurement system
Using single to multiple platforms, movable or fixed solutions
Polyamp has designed the UMISS© family of Multi Influence Sensors Systems to measure Underwater Signatures.
The UMISS© MkII Sea Module is in its standard configuration equipped with 3-axis magnetic, 3-axis ELFE electric and a pressure sensor. The use of acoustic sensor as well as a seismograph sensor are optional.
The signals measured by the Sea Module sensors are digitized using high precision 24 bit ADCs, then merged to a data stream with ETH UDP serial data and transmitted through a cable to the receiving module up to 100 m distance.
The UMISS platform is designed to be used as a single measuring unit or in combination with several platforms.
3 to +10 UMISS platforms can be combined as a moveable or fixed signature measurement range. In such case an UWJB underwater Junction Box is added to merge the UMISS platforms data and tranfer via WLAN to a surface buoy or via TCP/IP cable or optical communication (combined with power) is also available.
No measured data is stored within the platform.
We have delivered to a number of applications. From Free standing unit, transportable range and fixed measurement ranges. The Electric field disc can be replaced by longer sensor distance arrangements.
- Upgrading conventional sea measurment ranges
- Transportable sea measurment ranges
- Surveillance, fixed or mobile equipment
- Simulate influence mines
- Part of a Harbour protection system
- Environmental assessment system
- (eg, wave, earthquake, ionospheric noise)
Polyamp UEP och ELFE Systems - important features
- Carbon Fiber Electrodes - robust technology
- Very low noise amplifier - High sensitivity
- Salinity Independent - Useful for all water immediately
- Inert Sensors - Maintenance-free without the need for Salt Bridges
- Rapid Deployment - No Operational Delays
- High reliability - Long service life
- 3 Axis Platform Designs - Fast and Transport Ranges